Thursday, June 17, 2010

half way there



Congrats to local girl Collin who is hiking the AT - yesterday she made the "psychological" 1/2 way point at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, the above picture at the ATC visitor's center, a tradition for the official through-hiker photo album.

Follow Collin's adventures on her blog, keep up with the tales of Marge and Lefty (her feet and sometimes her biggest problems) , Big Agnes (her sleeping pad with the perpetual hole), the endless quest for food, and all the critters (2 legged and 4 legged) she meets along the way.

Collin is such an inspiration. I have never accomplished anything remotely like this {sigh}. Wait, I take that back, I am actually very good at doing things halfway...


5 comments:

Kermit said...

My old knee's would never make it and I know it would be a trip of a lifetime. I love to see people do something that not many will every do. Great job.

The Calico Cat said...

I am actually very good at doing things halfway...

Me too! & I am feeling a trip to Harper's Ferry coming on - I can get that photo without all of the hiking... :o)

Melissa Scott said...

Never completed anything on that large of a scale?? Are you kidding me? Come on Carrie and I are still alive and making it to the 1/2 way point in our lives. You have been married for alomst 37 years and that is WAY more than 1/2 way! Think of all the day hikes you have completed. The camping trips in the rain completed. You always seem to be completing something and amaze me in all that you manage to get done in a day.

Sandra Henderson said...

Oh wow! Is she alone? or w/a group?
has to be so wonderful...

Rose said...

I don't know how i found her blog, but I follow her faithfully. I love it, loved her names Marge and Lefty...but like you I think about all I have never done.