Friday, May 28, 2010

backyard perspective

warpedI love having a picnic table in the back yard.
Over the past month I have been asked twice if I wanted a new picnic table because this one is old and coming apart...

old and grayBut I said, "No! This one has character now,
it fits in with the rest of the family - warped!"


sounds of springSpring is in the air, the birds are singing...

fungi perspectiveNew life is popping up everywhere, even though it happens every year about this time, it is always exciting!

bearly thereSpringtime also brings folks out that we haven't seen all winter, it is about this time we usually see our first bear. Is that one on the porch now?


After working inside all day, it is nice to just stroll outside, getting the backyard perspective.


~photos 27 May 2010 in the yard

8 comments:

Melissa Scott said...

We saw a bear last night on our evening walk. Between here and Darryl's house. It was a small bear that we could hear in the woods. He came out of the woods and ran across the road and up the hill. I took a picture with my cell phone and as soon as I get it off my cell phone I'll send it to ya.

Eddie said...

We have a warped deck which is very suitable for the ones it holds up.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

That's a fantastic photo of the mushroom!

Kermit said...

It is fun to see what you come up with. Makes for good reading and makes me think of thing I probably would not think of.
Keep up with the great writing's and the really great photo's.

colleen said...

I agree! I have an old one too. They always seem so inviting and I love a rustic touch. Great mushroom shot! I just posted about a hike up Buffalo Mountain (here in Floyd), do you know it?

dot said...

Enjoy your cooler temperatures. It's starting to get really hot down here.

janeywan said...

Love the down low photo's. It's the best advice I ever got about photography. Take high low and in between.

Great job!

Kerri said...

Love your powers of observation, Susan :) The mushroom pic is a beauty and so is the bird. What kind of bird is that?
A picnic table should definitely have character. Yours is just right!
Our picnic table should be used for firewood. It's in awful shape, but it's good for keeping trays of annuals on (which I need to plant) :)
Those grandkids are growing up!