Tuesday, December 30, 2008

puzzle pieces

puzzle pieces quilt

I had so much fun making this quilt that I wanted to share it with someone, and every time I looked at it, it reminded me of my oldest daughter, Melissa, so she got it for a Christmas present.


Melissa,
This reminds me of your life -
Bright, colorful, exciting,
at times chaotic,
never a dull moment,
orderly and organized,
seemingly random pieces
coming together for a perfect fit...

puzzle pieces quilt

I think this will be the beginning of an annual tradition, giving a quilt for Christmas. Carrie you are next, so if you want to have any input, be thinking about it.


Quilter's Puzzle pattern found here.

7 comments:

June said...

Very cool quilt...and what a nice tradition to start!

Melissa said...

thanks mom! i love my quilt. Keith suggests using the word "special" in Carrie's quilt. . . just a thought.

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a gift to treasure!

Joann said...

A real treasure and heirloom. Your long-arm quilter does a fabulous job too. The colors and jewel tones make this one really POP. I also find this view of your ceiling breathtaking! Wow, that's some little "shack" you got up there in the woods!

Can I get my name on the list for a quilt? I'll gladly let you adopt me. Hahahahahaha.

Wishing you and all you love a wonderful 2009. I so enjoy coming to your blog and seeing what you're up to. Sorry you're typing the keys off the keyboard, but maybe the benefit will be a nice check to end 2008. Hugs and many thanks for all your support during 2008.

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I really like your puzzle quilt. I have a sister named Melissa and she loves quilts. Maybe I should make her a puzzle quilt. Thanks for the idea. Is there a regular pattern or just make it up.

floribunda said...

What a wonderful quilt! I've had a puzzle quilt pattern in my stack for years, and yours may just inspire me to pull it out and make one!

Kerri said...

Oh, she's a lucky girl! It's a gorgeous quilt...so colorful.
I have your 'quilt on the clothesline' pic on my webshots screensaver, and I think of you whenever it comes up :)
Love your purse and hiker chic shirt too :) Your girls do choose some great presents.