Friday, December 5, 2008

looking back

Song, song of the south.
Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth.
Gone, gone with the wind.
There ain't nobody looking back again.


Song of the South sung by Alabama, heard this song on the radio the other day, got me to thinking...

Sweet potato pie, mmmm - a Southern thing? Much better than pumpkin pie, well sweeter!

Shut my mouth - another Southern thing, as in this list of Southern phrases. Some good ones, check it out!

What about the movie - Song of the South - does anybody remember that?



A classic Disney film released in 1946 based on the Uncle Remus stories by Joel Chandler Harris, the combination live actors with animation was magical.

If you haven't seen it, don't try to find it now, did you know you cannot rent or buy that movie in the US? Disney has declined to release it due to accusations of racism.

But here is a clip of the great song - Zip a dee do dah... Watch and sing along on YouTube (turn up your speakers!) Now you will be singing that all day too.

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

My oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A


Song of the South lyrics, written by Bob McDill.
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah lyrics written by Allie Wrubel and Ray Gilbert


spring