Thursday, September 6, 2007

farewell Chattanooga


We have been staying just south of Chattanooga since January, here for work. It is now time to move on, we will be heading out for vacation on Saturday - a week at the beach - and then back to our home in Ellijay, Georgia.

We have enjoyed our time here, meeting lots of nice people - campground neighbors, all the girls at Weight Watchers, even a real live blogger!

We have especially enjoyed the seeing all the sights and learning about the history of the area. Chattanooga lives up to its nickname of Scenic City.

More pictures here

8 comments:

Ava said...

Have a great vacation and welcome home!!!!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I'll miss you, Susan. Ron Lowry is a wonderful photographer; thanks for sharing his gallery of aerial views. I suppose you clicked on the W Road photo to see the switchbacks? Unless you call me today so we can drive the 3-mile length of that road, you'll miss it! Or have you done it on your own? Call me, and I'll take you up the road in MY car, which I got from my son Monday.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Have a lovely time at the beach!

jellyhead said...

Have a wonderful beach holiday Susan! I guess we'll hear from you when you're home sweet home?

susan said...

Thanks Bonnie for the sweet offer! Too bad I am working my last few hours here, but I will be back to see all the stuff I missed.

Jelly, you may hear from me while I am gone, I believe there is internet connection where I am headed!

Finn said...

Hi Susan, popping in to say hello and see how you are doing..*VBS* Glad you are heading home soon! Nothing like some good old Georgia clay on your boots!

Scenery is beautiful, but home is best! Hugs, Finn

Kerri said...

A beach getaway, how lovely! A nice reward for you and your hubby after all his hard work. I'm sure you'll be glad to get back to your home sweet home after such a long time away, and be close to the kids again.
That sure is a scenic area.
Enjoyed all your latest reflections :)

Mimi said...

Just happened on your blog today from Jellys link and found this post on Chattanooga. I grew up in Chattanooga back in the 60's when it was the dirtiest city in the US. I have many fond memories of the place. It will always be my childhood home.

Mimi