Monday, March 26, 2007

spring fever


What a beautiful weekend!


birthdays remembered - Wow, 65 years old! The eldest member of our family had a birthday, my sister-in-law, Kay. I can remember her 60th birthday party. Decorations were the usual - old embarrassing pictures, rocking chair, walker, and of course the coffin… her siblings must really love her! Happy 65th to our sister Kay!

And another birthday - Happy Birthday to son-in-law and neighbor - Keith, who turned 34!


on the homefront - Buddy has been working on weekends to fill the woodshed for next year - whew - glad to go back to work on Mondays to get some rest.



winners advance - The Lady Vols won once again - and are now in the Elite Eight! Way to go!

seasonal perks - Ah, spring is here - sleeping with the windows open, listening to the sounds of nature, waking up all stuffed up from snorting pollen…

welcome sight - the flower bulbs I planted last fall are up! And I thought that rascally raccoon got them!


7 comments:

jellyhead said...

The flowers are lookin' good! But did I just hear you SNEEZE again?!

janet said...

Oh how pretty. I think my deer would

janet said...

have a feast. lol opps

Motherkitty said...

Loved the pictures. I know exactly how you feel about a snorting stuffed-up nose from all the pollen. We've been working outside in the yard and I come in all stuffy and snuffling. Happy spring to you and yours.

colleen said...

Funny how every year we never seem to be amazed all over again when the flowers bloom.

Seeing Anew said...

Hi, Susan. Those daffodils are awelcome sight, and your photo is perfectly composed, and the color is so ...what's the word...gentle... I can almost feel the balmy breeze.

Sandy said...

I can sympathize with Buddy and all that cutting of firewood. I wish I had a job to go back to for rest.