Tuesday, October 24, 2006

home and hearth






Still enjoying the leaves here at home. Remember back in the summer when all I could think of was planting flowers - well a box of bulbs arrived yesterday from Holland, ready to plant. Of course it was 34 degrees yesterday morning and didn't get out of the 40s all day. It's no fun to dig in the dirt when it is freezing and windy, what was I thinking? But just think of the spring flowers I will have!

It felt good to gather 'round the wood stove last night, there's nothing warmer than a wood fire to back up to.


Find more great fall leaf pictures at these photo blogs:
Southern Highlands Cam
Blue Ridge Blog

6 comments:

Motherkitty said...

Ah, you're in a nesting mode, I see. Your hearth and home are beautiful out in the wild woods, and your fire makes me want to break the 'smores out.

colleen said...

Warm and inviting. I'm planning some fall foliage shots for tomorrow.

John Cowart said...

I covet your fireplace!
We don't have one.
We're gonna freeze!

doubleknot said...

It looks so nice and cozy. The fall colors are wonderful. Down here we mostly get brown or green. Good luck with the bulbs - it will be worth the effort to plant them.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Everything looks so pretty and your hearth so cozy. There is nothing like a wood fire to keep you warm.
Are the bulbs from Holland some that you have to plant now? Brrrr...it's so cold & wet out here.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I went over and visited the links and I couldn't believe how beautiful the fall pictures were. I guess fall is beautiful everywhere this year, not just at home.