Wednesday, July 12, 2006

baseball bear


Cal Doubleplay


I have always loved teddy bears, and often receive them as gifts. Since last Christmas I have collected Boyd's Bears, as the result of receiving a pile of them from Santa. Then another shipment came in for Mother's Day!

The detail, expressions, names, and outfits make these bears fun to collect. This is Cal Doubleplay, with his baseball outfit and glove, just right for this time of year, baseball season.

He reminds me of going to the baseball game with our grandkids and how much they enjoy it. Play Ball!

4 comments:

Motherkitty said...

I used to collect Beanie Babies (when I was working) and now I'm stuck with three or four large underbed storage containers of them -- nobody wants them (and nobody collects them anymore except for the bears) and I've spent thousands buying them over a long period of time. They were cute at the time but all the grandkids are interested in these days are the cats. The rest of them -- well, I don't know what to do with them. I guess I'll just save them to decorate my nursing home room one of these years (ha)

John Cowart said...

Great collection. Your kids and grandkids will always know what to give you on holidays.

Tammy said...

Very cute...our grandson did the t-ball this year for the first time!!
I may look into getting one of these for his Christmas this year.
:-D

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Very cute bear, and it makes it easier for everyone to buy you a gift, just as long as they know what you already have.

As with MK and her collection of Beanie Babies, I sometimes wonder what all the collectors of Barbie Dolls are going to do with their vast collections.

Motherkitty...save your Beanie Babies...they might be worth a huge fortune when the great grandkids come along.